Political Solution #16 - SMART ENERGY
- Free market energy will drive results toward American energy independence
- Radical environmentalists (Joe Biden) put the brakes on SMART energy legislation
- Having a multi-faceted approach to energy is the right way to go
- Genesis 2:15 should be our guide to utilizing our natural resources
- President Trump had it right
- We must stop enriching Russia
The United States of America was beginning to experience (pre-Joe Biden) the impact and bottom-line results of allowing free market forces to control and drive our strategic, long-term, and sustainable energy objectives/goals. Under President Trump, we decided as a country to get the government bureaucrats out of the way and allow good old-fashioned commonsense decision making (SMART Energy) to take over. Thank you, President Trump!
We are living in the most industrialized and technologically sophisticated economy in the world and have come to realize that we need to “let the horses run!” The Trump administration’s efforts of rolling back restrictive regulation WAS felt across the globe. In years past, radical environmentalism was hampering the exploration, production, and distribution of our energy resources and needs, severely impeding our progress forward. Under Trump, the world had taken full notice that the U.S. was back in control of its energy needs and leading the world!
Just think about how far we had come (pre-Joe Biden) in the last 75 years. Many of us experienced the oil and gas shortages during the seventies when the OPEC countries dominated the oil supplies and subsequent prices. We were at their mercy and our energy needs were dependent on them (many who were/are rogue nations) for oil and gas. That was not the case under Trump. In June of 2019, crude oil production for the U.S. stood at 12,082 BBL/Day. We out produced Russia (who is the second largest in crude oil production) by 1,373 BBL/Day. Fortunately, the forecasts back then only get better!
The renaissance with oil independence that we experienced must be protected through hard work, sacrifice, and a determination to efficiently use our God-given natural resources. Yes, I believe that we can have it both ways. Our country should be able to fully explore (with limited government intrusion) and produce alternative forms of energy with gusto, while showing respect and care for the environment. Our Creator has blessed us with unlimited natural resources and has also given us a model in Genesis 2:15 of how we should go about harvesting these gifts.
God told Adam in the book of Genesis to “dress” and to “keep” the Garden of Eden. In the original language, the word “dress” means to labor and to labor sacrificially. I believe this word is telling us to work with vigor to reap the benefits of our natural resources, while acknowledging from where it is coming and thanking our Creator for His provision. In the original language, the word “keep” means to provide, protect, and nourish the Garden of Eden. I believe that the same application can be used when looking at our current environment. We need to be good stewards of our environment by providing for it, protecting, and nourishing it.
What should our specific long-term, sustainable, and SMART Energy policies be?
- Continue to roll back ALL regulation that restricts exploration, production, and distribution
- Let the free-market forces reign supreme in the energy sector, i.e., no government subsidies or regulatory stimuli to help jump start one energy resource over another
- When cultivating and harvesting our natural resources, do it with a concern and care for our environment (not radical environmentalism)
- Formulate our long-term energy independence with a multi-faceted approach where ALL forms of energy are developed to their fullest extent, i.e., in our national best interests
- Natural Gas
In summary, the Executive Order signed by President Trump in May of 2017, helped to unleash energy resurgence. Joe Biden destroyed our advances. We must do more to plan for the long-term. I will not be satisfied until the free-market forces are once again allowed to operate in plain sight in the energy sector. The Joe Biden policies have set us back many years. Our government must stay out!